This lady has seen it all and has been on all of Tucson's first women's teams, from Flick Chicks to Mucho Gusto, and has seen action from a couple of mixed teams as well. Her experience varies from the various leagues to Master's Nationals, and this year she's ready to bring that momentum to Venom! Her goals? Building on Venom's current success and adding in a little extra spice. "I'd like for us to win every game we're 'supposed' to win, and a few no one thought we could."
- Past experience: +20 years. Women's ultimate, co-ed ultimate, and everything in between from rec leagues to Master's Nationals.
- Coaching experience: middle school teams, high school teams. This will be her first year coaching women's club, and we couldn't be more excited!
- Why she loves women's ultimate: " [I enjoy] trying to find ways to inspire women to find their best selves."
- Favorite Venom moment: No Venom moments to date... YET! We'll be sure to make it a season she won't forget ;)
Carly "Biscuit" Morrison
Returning for her second year as co-captain of Venom, and third year with Venom in general, Carly is most excited to build on the ultimate skills, fitness, and leadership of last season! "Venom has long held the flag for womxn’s ultimate in Arizona. I really hope this year we can assemble a roster with friz friends from all over the state!"
- Past experience: 3 years of college ultimate with the University of Arizona, captaining in her third year.
- Favorite Venom moment: SUSI clinic last summer for young women visiting from Central and South America. "They had a blast...they all got dics to keep so they could bring the game back home and they were pretty awesome dancers too"
- Fun fact: "Horse racing is one of my favorite sports to watch and follow."
Erin "Wrangle Dangle" Prucha
With a decade of ultimate under her belt, who wouldn't be ready to jump on that Venom train?! Erin is excited to return for her second year playing with Venom and is looking forward to continuing to build up the skills/community/fitness/leadership of last season. She is ready to grow "the womxn's ultimate community in Arizona via roaster of players from all over the state."
- Past experience: 10 years. 5 years of college at Texas A&M, holding a captain position for 3 of those years.
- Why she loves Venom: Being with a "super fun highly competitive group of womxn that made me feel like family from day 1."
- Favorite Venom moment: "Jumping into the freezing cold lake after our first day of the Eugene Solstice tournament."
- Fun fact: "Baked goods are my jam, and if you want jam I'll make that too."